Abstract in English:
The report is structured around the five key elements of sustainable development to which tourism stands to make a significant, lasting contribution:
1. Sustainable economic growth
2. Social inclusiveness, employment and poverty reduction
3. Resource efficiency, environmental protection and climate change
4. Cultural values, diversity and heritage
5. Mutual understanding, peace and security
The report demonstrates – through theory and practical case studies – how tourism can contribute to these key areas of development.